I’ve been wanting to attempt a port of Erik Loyers slabtype algorithm for quite some time now and seeing Paravels fittext jQuery plugin, in combination with a gloriously hassle-free lunch hour gave me the impetus to attempt it.
An attempt at presenting the user with a “Humanised” on-site browsing history i.e. a listing of the exact path taken to arrive at the current page and not, as with a breadcrumb-trail, the page’s position within the current site hierarchy.
One of my coworkers has shown me a very nice little U.I. feature that the youTube (account) interface provides.
If you start to type Arabic text into a textarea or text input, the form element’s direction attribute automatically gets set to “rtl” (right to left), the correct direction for Arabic text. Should you type in standard Latin text, the direction gets set to “ltr” (left to right); again, the correct direction for Latin text.
I recently wanted to fix a few bugs within last years slider experiment but, as my coding style has changed so dramatically over the past year (believe me, I’ve learned a lot in the past year and find it hard to even look at my old code), I ended up rewriting the entire thing from scratch.
This gave me the opportunity to make the code more robust, fix the aforementioned bugs and add some nice shiny new features into the mix…
An unobtrusive script that adds filtering capabilities to your HTML data tables
One of the project constraints was that the “droppables” i.e. the target drop zones for draggable elements, had to be created with a fixed position (i.e.
This, unfortunately, isn’t (yet) supported by the interface library…
An attempt at writing an unobtrusive (and fast) script that adds commonly required “actions” to data tables (like Zebra striping, row and column highlighting and row selection)
There are times when a server-side/Ajax based table pagination solution isn’t possible (for example, if using static HTML pages or if you just don’t have access to the server-side scripting language). This script attempts to fill the need for a pagination solution in these “worst case scenarios”.
A sick bed update to the previous Link Preview experiment than can be taken slightly more seriously this time round.
An update to the original Unobtrusive Date-Picker Widget that throws a few of the most common feature requests into the mix.
A rewrite of the original table sort script that includes a few more features and a much faster sort routine architecture.
A small, unobtrusive form validation script that uses regular expressions to validate input, textarea and select list values.
A script that sorts table rows containing date, numeric or plain-text data and then politely re-colours alternate rows.
An experiment in creating persistent in-browser visual bookmarks.
An experimental browser based “post-it” note system that stores the note contents and status information in a cookie.